Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Today you are one




































Hazel, today, you are one. It's hard to believe it has already been a whole year, but at the same time, its hard to remember you not being here, as you fit so perfectly into our family. You are oh so serious, but at the same time, the most joyful little person. Its hard to ever be sad when you crawl (well, now walk) up and lay your head in my lap and smile with that amazing Hazel smile. You are so sweet, but already show signs of being fiercely independent and are not afraid to tell Matilda when she is upsetting you. I think you may have inherited your mama's temper.

At one, you love eating real food - none of that pureed stuff. You love reading books, and playing with whatever your big sis is playing with at any particular time; you love clementines, cheese, lima beans, and of course bananas. You are so used to playing with children Matilda's age, that when you see another child your own age, you get SO excited. You hate having your diaper changed, and getting dressed. You adore bath time with Matilda and just splash away every time you get in there. You have so much hair and its possible I put it in pig tails the other day for the very first time. you started really walking just last week, a full month before your sister did. You love everyone, and I love that trait about you. I hope it never goes away, and that you never have a reason to not trust people. The world can be a beautiful place, and I know it needs more people like you in it.

Sweet Hazel, one year ago today, you came into our lives and changed them for the better. You are already the best little sister and playmate to Til, and I cannot wait to see your relationship grow. A sister is the best friend, believe me, I know. I have the best sister in the world, and I can only hope that you and Matilda will one day grow into the best of friends and confidants.

Happy birthday beautiful girl.













No comments:

Post a Comment