Monday, September 2, 2013

Black Bean, Corn and Zucchini Tacos



We eat mexican food A LOT around here. I seriously think I could eat it daily I love it that much, and I'm always looking for ways to make it new and different, as well as a way to get some veggies in, because I always have a hard time figuring out vegetables other than avocados or a salad to go with Mexican food. This recipe came about by just randomly grabbing things out of my fridge and hoping they worked. I was able to give my 9 month old this as well, and she fully approved. Enjoy! 

Black Bean, Corn & Zucchini Tacos

1 red onion, chopped
1 can black beans
1 ear of corn, kernels removed
1 zucchini, chopped a similar size to beans
1-2 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon oregano
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
dash of hot sauce
1 Tablespoon cilantro
Juice from half a lime

In a few tablespoons of your favorite cooking oil or butter, cook the onion on medium high until translucent and then add the corn and zucchini and cook until softened. Add the garlic, cook for an additional minute, and then add can of black beans and spices, hot sauce and cilantro. Simmer for about 15 minutes, add lime juice and serve.

I served mine on fried corn tortillas with a little cotija cheese, hot sauce and guacamole.

Let me know if you try this and how you like it - it's definitely going to become a meatless staple around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment