Monday, September 16, 2013

First Day of Homeschool







We started some preschool at home last week, and had so much fun on our first day. The beauty of homeschooling is that the world is literally our classroom, so we took our classroom to my parents backyard and spent the morning swimming, and then doing some nature study once Hazel went down for a nap. 

Matilda and I walked around my parents backyard and picked flowers, leaves and herbs and then brought them all together and discussed their similarities and differences, what they felt like and smelled like. It was so much fun just picking her little brain, and seeing what she came up with. I love that I have the ability to teach her and shape her world. 

We are starting to go through this book this week, and I'm hoping she will enjoy it. She has been talking nonstop about learning to read and doing school. I love how excited she is, and I hope that attitude continues. 

Any tips on homeschooling from those of you who have been doing this awhile? I would love to hear/read your suggestions! 

No comments:

Post a Comment